Toffee Chocolate Fudge Brownie Muffins
These really are wicked / gooey, sticky muffins, full of chocolate and caramel! The best thing to do is to leave them slightly undercooked, so you still have a squidgy chocolatey caramel centre. Great warm on their own, or with ice cream.
- 180g Gluten-Free Flour Mix A
- 50g dark muscovado sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 20g cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 medium egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400g dulce de leche, from a jar or tin
- 30g each of dark, milk and white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Place 12 paper muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Place the flour, sugars, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl and mix together well.
- Next place the egg, vanilla extract and half the dulce de leche in a separate bowl and mix together well.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and sugar and mix well, then add the chopped chocolate and the rest of the dulce de leche and carefully – ‘chop’ through with a spoon, leaving the mixture roughly combined.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove when well risen and still slightly undercooked.
- Cool slightly on a wire rack and eat warm or cold.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.