Toffee Apple Crumble
I love toffee apples and this is a great way to include their delicious flavour in a pudding! Bramleys really are the best cooking apple by far – I love their unique, tart flavour, and coupled with toffee, they make a great combination.
- 175g soft brown sugar
- zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 3 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 300g Gluten-Free Flour Mix A
- 150g unsalted butter, very cold
- 80g caster sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Place the sugar in a large saucepan over a low heat and bring to the boil. The sugar will melt to form a clear liquid.
- Heat the liquid until it turns a pale amber colour. This will take about 10-15 minutes being careful not to overheat.
- Add the apples along with the lemon zest and juice to the pan, and cook for 5Ð6 minutes. Place in a 3cm deep, 24cm square baking dish.
- Place the flour and butter in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Just pulse in the caster sugar, do not overwork. Carefully spoon the topping over the cooked apples.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until well browned and cooked.
- Serve warm.
I serve my crumble with ice cream or custard.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.