Sweet Potato & Bramley Apple Chowder
A nice easy soup, that will freeze well and can be made in advance.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1.4kg sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped roughly, but fairly small
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped the same size as the sweet potatoes.
- 2 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped roughly
- 2 heaped tbsp gluten free vegetable stock powder
- 2 litres cold water
- 200mls double cream
- 4 heaped tbsp mango chutney
- 2 heaped tbsp mango chutney
- Heat the oil then add the onions and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes to take a little colour.
- Next add the potatoes, apples, stock powder and water, and bring to the boil.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then turn down the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and very soft, mash roughly with a potato masher, until you have a slightly thick chunky puree.
- Add the cream, mango chutney, check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Serve piping hot.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.