Simple Chicken Chop With Tomato & Onion Salsa
I developed this idea many years ago; it makes use of the leg and thigh, the tastiest part of the bird in my opinion.
- 4 Chicken thighs, half boned & turned inside out.
- 100g Gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- dusting of cornflour
- vegetable oil.
- For Mayonnaise:
- 175mls gluten free mayonnaise
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 2tbsp basil, chopped
- 2tbsp chives, chopped
- For Salsa:
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4tbsp lime juice
- 6tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2pinches chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients for the mayonnaise into a deep bowl and mix together.
- Place all the ingredients for the salsa into a bowl and do the same mix well.
- Lightly dust the chicken thighs in a little cornflour, then dip into beaten egg and finally breadcrumbs, pat down well.
- Cook the thighs in a little oil for 8-10 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- To serve place the salsa on a plate, top with a chicken thigh and finally spoon over the mayo.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.