This recipe works well as a base for a bar cake or traybake, but it can also be turned into tasty biscuits to nibble with a cup of tea.
- 100g cornflour
- 100g rice flour
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 30g light muscovado or soft light brown sugar
- 120g unsalted butter, cubed
- cornflour, for dusting
- Demerara or caster sugar, for sprinkling on biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.
- Put the flours and sugars into a food processor and blend together. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture starts to clump together.
- Press the crumbs lightly into a dough and roll out thickly on a cornflour-dusted board.
- Press or cut into shape, transfer to a non-stick baking tray or a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the tray and sprinkle with Demerara or caster sugar, to serve.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.