This recipe works well as a base for a bar cake or traybake, but it can also be turned into tasty biscuits to nibble with a cup of tea.
- 100g cornflour
- 100g rice flour
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 30g light muscovado or soft light brown sugar
- 120g unsalted butter, cubed
- cornflour, for dusting
- 22cm square baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5. Lightly oil the baking tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Put the flours and sugars into a food processor and blend together. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture starts to clump together.
- Tip the crumb mixture into the lined tin and press very lightly to make an even layer.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes or until pale golden brown.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.