Roasted Hazelnut Cookies
I love roasted hazelnuts they make a very special cookie or shortbread.
Any nut will do here, but remember to roast the nuts in the oven for an even colour rather than grilling.
- 115g rice flour
- 70g cornflour
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 30g Stork margarine
- 40g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 75g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment (you will need to cook these in batches).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, nutmeg and mixed spice and mix together well. Add the softened margarine, sugar, syrup and hazelnuts and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture onto the lined baking trays, using a dessertspoon to form 2-3cm rounds, spread out with a wet finger, then bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Once cooked allow the cookies to cool slightly on the trays, after that transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.