Rich Squidgy Bitter Chocolate Brownies
Brownies are all the rage now, and delicious they are too. I think the squidgier the better. The golden rule is to leave them to cool completely before you try to cut and eat them.
I know its going over the top, but I like to serve mine with ice cream and a wonderful product, Caranation caramel sauce. Basically it’s a cooked condensed milk in a can, and its delicious, and available in all supermarkets. Just open the can, spoon into a bowl and whisk well.
- 40g Golden Syrup
- 110g unsalted butter
- 175g castor sugar
- 160g bitter chocolate, chopped
- 4 whole eggs
- 20g rice flour
- 20g chickpea flour
- 1 level tsp xanthan gum
- 25g sultanas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 25g chopped white chocolate
- 50mls brandy
- 1 large orange, finely grated zest
- 1 small can Carnation caramel
- 115 x 20 cm cake tin
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Line the cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the golden syrup, butter, sugar and the chocolate together over a pan of simmering water.
- Place the eggs into a bowl and break up with a whisk. Then add the melted mixture, mix well.
- Add the flours, xanthan gum, fruit, spices, chocolate and brandy, orange zest and mix well, but do not over work.
- Pour into the prepared tray, then pop into the oven and cook for 25-35 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool then chill well before trying to cut.
- Serve at room temperature with warm Carnation caramel sauce
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.