Polenta Crusted Parsley Onion Rings
Nice with steak and chips, or here as a non meat starter, just remember not to cook too many at once.
- vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into ½cm (¼ inch) rings
- 85 g chickpea (gram) flour
- 100 g fine polenta or cornmeal
- 4 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- freshly milled pepper
- 150 mls milk
Ingredients Available to buy
- Heat a deep fryer or pour vegetable oil into a large, deep pan until approximately 2.5cm (1 inch) in depth, then heat to 190°C / 375°F.
- Place the chickpea flour and xanthan gum into a bowl and mix well.
- Place the polenta into a separate bowl, add chopped parsley and season well.
- Pour the milk into another bowl, and then add a little salt and pepper.
- Place the onion rings into the chickpea flour, then into the milk and then into the polenta and parsley, taking care to coat evenly.
- Carefully place batches of the onion rings into the hot oil using a metal spoon. Cook for 3-5 minutes, turning once, until crisp and golden. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Keep cooked rings hot while cooking remaining.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.