Pancakes With Pink Grapefruit
The sharp citrus flavours are perfect with these delicious crepes. Try to find unusual combinations of fruit in season, such as blood oranges, pink grapefruit and clementines, as well as usual oranges.
- 200g Gluten-Free Flour Mix A
- ½tsp xanthan gum
- 1medium egg, lightly beaten
- 450mls milk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- & a little extra for greasing
- 100g softened unsalted butter
- 100g icing (confectioners) sugar
- 2 grapefruit
- 2 oranges or clementines
- Sift the flour and xanthan gum into a large bowl and then add the egg, melted butter and gradually the milk, whisking until the batter is smooth and the consistency of single cream.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and grease with a little butter. Ladle 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) of batter into the pan and tilt and swirl the pan to spread the batter thinly.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and then turn over.
- Cook on the other side. Transfer to a plate and stack between sheets of greaseproof paper, while you cook the rest of the pancakes. Keep warm or store, in advance.
- Prepare the citrus fruits into segments.
- Make the orange butter: beat the softened butter with the icing (confectioners) sugar, a squeeze of juice and the grated zest of half an orange.
- To serve: heat a little of the orange butter in the pan, drizzle over the folded pancakes or coat the pancakes in the pan a couple at a time, to warm through.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.