Marinated Smoked Salmon With White Radish & Pickled Ginger
I really like the combination of beetroot and salmon cooked or raw, they both work really well. Add to that, pickled ginger, tamari or soy and the sharp flavour of the radish and you have a lovely fresh starter or main course.
- 2 medium beetroots, well washed
- 280g smoked salmon
- 150g Moulli, Japanese white radish
- juice of ½ lemon
- freshly milled black pepper
- for the dressing:
- 150mls rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped pickled ginger
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Wrap the beetroot well in two layers of foil.
- Place on a tray and cook in the oven for 1 hour, or until a knife can pass through easily.
- Once cooked, then peel whilst still warm, then cool.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the salmon and place into a bowl.
- Peel the radish, then again very finely slice into thin shreds, add to the salmon.
- Cut the peeled beetroot into thin strips and add to the salmon.
- Squeeze over the lemon, and add a little pepper, mix well but carefully as the cooked beetroot will break up easily.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the dressing, then pour over the salmon mixture.
- Mix well then leave for 1 hour.
- Serve with extra pickled ginger and tamari or soy on the side.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.