- 50g dark soft brown sugar
- 125g honey
- 30g treacle
- 85g butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp glycerine
- 225g gluten free flour mixture A
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ level tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- pinch ground cloves, optional
- Glace icin for decoration:icing sugar & a few drops of water
- Heat the sugar, honey, treacle and butter in a heavy pan, stirring until almost boiling point.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and the glycerine.
- Mix all the remaining dry ingredients thoroughly, make a well in the centre and gradually add the melted syrup.
- Work the mixture with a spoon until you have firm yet pliable dough.
- Wrap in cling film, cool and chill overnight.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C, Gas 4. Adjust the temperature to 170°C for a fan oven.
- Divide the dough into about 20 pieces. Using the palms of your hands, roll the dough into balls, about 3cm wide.
- Place the dough balls onto lined baking sheets, leaving a little room to spread.
- Bake for about 12 – 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool before decorating with thin icing, to glaze.
- Store in an airtight container: the texture softens and the flavour mellows, even better after a day or so.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.