Grilled Sea Bass With Hot Sweetcorn & Cherry Tomatoes
Whole bass I love, and especially when coupled with a sauted sweetcorn salsa.
- 4 small Sea bass, scaled and gutted
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 2 whole fresh sweetcorn cobs
- 2tsp fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 fresh large limes
- 2 pinches caster sugar
- 3 to 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Pre heat the grill or oven to a high setting.
- Place the sea bass on a chopping board and slash across the fish in a diagonal fashion.
- Stand the corn on the cut end and carefully shave off the ears with a sharp knife. Do the same to the other pieces.
- Meanwhile, place the olive oil into a wok or frying pan.
- Add the ears of sweetcorn and the chilli then saut quickly over a high heat until they take a little colour.
- Once cooked, spoon into a bowl and cool slightly.
- To the sweetcorn, add the chopped red onion, cherry tomatoes, and juice from the fresh limes.
- Add a little salt and pepper, sugar then mix well and finally add the chopped coriander.
- Spoon the remainder of the olive oil over the sea bass and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place onto a baking sheet or tray and pop under the grill or in the oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until lightly cooked.
- Serve the bass whole spooning over the salsa.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.