Grilled Partridge With Sweet & Sour Limes & Glass Noodles
A light and tasty recipe with an oriental twist.
- 2 x partridge
- 4 large limes juice and finely grated zest
- 1 small onion peeled and very finely sliced
- 4 tsp castor sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 400mls strong chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ – 1 teaspoon of arrowroot, slaked
- 150g cooked glass noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, optional
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Place the chopped onion, cold chicken stock, honey, sugar into a glass or ceramic bowl and mix really well.
- Then add the squeezed lime juice and season the whole thing well with salt and pepper.
- Remove the back bone from the baby chicken, by cutting down either side with a sharp knife.
- Break open and flatten well, then remove the knuckles.
- Place the prepared partridge into the liquor cover with cling film and pop into the fridge and leave best overnight. I have left for 2 days before, delicious.
- When you come to cook them, take them out of the liquor and dry them very well in kitchen paper, season well with a little more salt and pepper.
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Heat the butter and oil in an ovenproof griddle or frying pan and place the birds skin side down.
- Cook nice and slowly so that they brown nicely and evenly then turn over and do the same on the other side.
- Then pop the whole pan into the oven and continue to cook slowly until they are cooked right through DO NOT BURN About 10 minutes.
- Pour all the liquor into a saucepan and bring to the boil and gently simmer to reduce by half, check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Thicken with the arrowroot or cornflour and blend with a hand blender or liquidiser.
- Warm the glass noodles in the sesame and olive oil and coriander serve with the partridge.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.