Green Lentil, Lime and Coriander Soup
The great flavours here make this a really tasty soup. It’s nice and easy and is perfect for eating whilst watching your favourite TV programme.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium carrot,finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g red lentils
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 700ml boiling water
- 1 x 10g gluten-free chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 100g green lentils
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 2 large limes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander and 100g thick Greek yogurt, to serve
- olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the carrot, celery, onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the red lentils, tomato pure, boiling water and crumbled stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer gently until all the vegetables and red lentils are well cooked – about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the green lentils in a saucepan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer until just cooked, but not falling to pieces. Once cooked, refresh the lentils under cold water.
- When the soup is cooked, transfer it in batches to a food processor or liquidiser and process until you have a nice smooth pure.
- Return the soup to a clean pan. You may need to add a little boiling water if it is too thick. Check the seasoning, then add the lime juice and stir well.
- To serve, place the cooked green lentils in 4 bowls. Top with the hot soup, a little fresh coriander and a blob of yogurt swirled in at the last moment.
- A little olive oil drizzled over is also a nice touch
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.