Gluten-Free Vanilla Cupcakes
Beautiful light cupcakes and they are gluten free.
- 180g castor sugar
- 2 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp glycerine
- 175g of All Purpose Flour recipe below
- 1½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ level tsp xanthan gum
- 130mls full milk
- 130mls sunflower oil
All Purpose Flour – Makes 1 kg
- 700g fine white rice flour
- 200g potato flour
- 100g tapioca starch or flour
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C gas 4.
- Place the castor sugar, eggs, vanilla and glycerine into a mixing bowl and whisk on high speed for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, really mix the flour, baking powder and gum together, best to sieve a couple of times, then you know its fully incorporated.
- Next mix the oil and milk together.
- Right, once the eggs are nice and thick remove from the machine and add the flour mix and liquid, whisk well, but don’t go mad.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cases, set in a muffin tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until well risen to the top of the case.
- Remove and cool, then top with the frosting.
All purpose flour mix is really handy to have when baking gluten free so I always have a batch made up.
Just mix all the flours together very thoroughly or put into a food processor and pulse until mixed, if yours has a large enough capacity. Then store in an airtight container.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.