Fruit Scone Round
Best eaten on the day it’s made, preferably still warm and especially good for a late breakfast.
- 250g Gluten-Free Flour Mix A
- ½tsp xanthan gum
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 3tsp Gluten-Free baking powder
- pinch salt
- 100g cold unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 175-200mls runny low fat yogurt or single cream
- 75g semi dried mixed fruit, such as sour cherries, cranberries, blueberries
- 1 small egg, for brushing the top
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Combine the flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor or by hand.
- Add the butter in small cubes, until lightly mixed.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the eggs and the yogurt, enough to make soft, moist dough.
- Mix in the dried fruit and stir lightly.
- Tip the dough onto a floured baking tray and pat it into a round, approx 15cm (6 inches) diameter.
- Brush with egg and bake until golden. Leave to cool and then eat warm, cut into wedges.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.