Freshwater Prawns With Quick Tomato Stew
Simple easy tomato sauce with freshwater prawns poached in the lovely juices.
- 16 fresh water Prawns, raw, shells removed but tails left on
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic, chopped
- 2 cans 400g (14oz) can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 gluten free vegetable stock cube 10g (¼oz)
- 1tbsp sugar
- 2tbsp vinegar, red wine is best, but any will do
- 2 to 3tbsp parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil, then add the onion and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock cube, sugar, vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until thick and really tasty.
- Finally add the parsley.
- When ready to eat, drop the prawns into the finished sauce and simmer for 10 minutes, or until lightly cooked.
- Serve the hot stew into bowls or on plates with a little drizzle of extra olive oil.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.