Easy Syrup Sponge
- 150g castor sugar
- 150g Stork margarine, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g fine white rice flour
- 50g potato flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 medium eggs at room temp, the same as the margarine
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 tbsp melted margarine
- Butter 4 x 8cm diameter 5.5cm high microwavable plastic bowls.
- Brush well with the melted margarine, and then add a tbsp of syrup in the bottom of each.
- Place the margarine, sugar and vanilla into a bowl.
- Whisk on a high speed for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the flour, potato flour and baking powder together well.
- At the 2 minute mark stop the machine and add the whole eggs and flour mix and re whisk for 20 seconds.
- Spoon evenly into the 4 tubs and cover each one loosely with cling film and make a small incision in the film.
- Set the microwave to full power and cook for 3 minutes.
- Once cooked remove carefully as they will be really hot and leave to stand for 2 minutes to set.
- Remove film and turn out into bowls. You will see a small cracking in the top of the pudding this is quite normal.
- Top with custard, cream or ice cream.
- If you’re not eating immediately leave the cling film over to stop the sponges drying out.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.