Easy Apricot & Brandy Pan Muffin
Muffins are generally made in small cases and baked individually. Here is a recipe that is not only easy but all you need is an oven proof non stick frying pan.
- 175g Gluten-Free Flour Mix A
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp gluten free baking powder
- 85g Stork margarine, at room temperature
- 140g castor sugar
- 2 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 125mls milk, warmed
- 1tsp glycerine
- 2 to 3tbsp brandy
- 2tbsp 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 820g or 2 x cans apricots in syrup, drained giving you roughly 280g (10 oz) of fruit
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Place the flour, bicarbonate, baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- Warm a large mixing bowl under hot running water. Place the margarine and sugar in the bowl and beat them together until light and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture and eggs to the creamed mixture and stir well. Then add the warm milk, glycerine and brandy, and mix to a batter consistency.
- Heat a 25cm x 5cm deep (10 inch x 2 inch deep) non stick ovenproof frying pan, and then add the oil.
- Add the well drained apricots, round side down, cut side up.
- Spoon the mixture over the fruit evenly, then with a knife, spread over the fruit evenly again.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until risen and lightly coloured.
- Remove and cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the muffin onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, transfer it to a plate and cut it into wedges.
Makes 1 x 25cm x 5cm deep muffin
A couple of good tips here make sure the margarine and eggs are at room temperature, the milk warmed with the glycerine. This will ensure the mixture will not curdle or split, making a lighter more even textured sponge. It will also ensure the maximum lift from the sponge when cooking. Glycerine helps to retain moisture to the cakes structure something that’s essential when cooking without gluten.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.