Chicken Leek & Ham Pie with Chorizo
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 medium leeks, washed really well and finely chopped
- 12 medium chicken thighs, bone in
- 2 x 10g Gluten Free chicken stock cubes
- 4 tbsp cornflour or arrowroot or any starch
- 4 tbsp cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g frozen peas
- 150g cubed cooked ham/ cooking chorizo
- 1 x 198g can sweetcorn, drained really well
- 1 x recipe of Gluten Free pastry (see below)
- 1 x beaten egg
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Place the onion, garlic, leeks, chicken and stock cubes into a saucepan.
- Just cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, but not falling off the bone.
- Once cooked, remove the and from the stove and lift out the chicken thighs.
- Place the pan back on the stove and re boil, cook for 5 minutes to thicken the stock.
- Meanwhile remove the skin from the chicken and discard, then pull the meat away from the bone.
- When all the thighs are done, roughly chop.
- Place the chicken back into the reduced stock and mix well off the heat.
- There should be enough sauce to cover the meat well but not too sloppy.
- Place back on the stove and heat.
- Mix the cold water and starch together well and gently pour into the simmering chicken veg mix.
- It will pretty much thicken straight away. Don’t go mad there is nothing worse than a heavy gloopy consistency.
- Add the peas, cooked ham and sweetcorn and season with salt and pepper, the mix should be nice and thick now.
- Spoon into a 26cm x 19cm deep oval dish, if you can cool then chill all the better.
- Roll out the paste, then cut roughly the shape you require. Cut and keep the trimmings.
- Egg the top of the baking dish, then lay the trimmings around the edge and press gently. Then re egg.
- Lay the oval of pastry carefully over, press down well and decorate the edge.
- Egg well, then make 2-3 slits in the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, cool for 10 minutes then cut and eat.
Recipe for Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.