Char Grilled Partridge with Bramley Apple & Whisky Compote
- 3 large Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped roughly
- 100mls cider vinegar
- 100g unrefined golden castor sugar
- 1 large glass dry white wine
- 100mls whisky
- 1 organic gulten-free vegetable stock cube (Kallo)
- pinch of turmeric
- 2 pinches ground allspice
- 8 partridge breasts
- 8 large slices of air dried ham
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 55g butter
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Place the apples, vinegar, sugar, wine and whiskey, stock cube, turmeric and allspice into a pan.
- Place on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Cover and turn down the heat, and then cook slowly until thick and reduced, stirring from time to time.
- You may need to add a little water if the compote becomes too thick and dry.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then add the butter.
- Cook until nice and pulpy, but not too smooth.
- Meanwhile, season the breasts well with salt and pepper.
- Next wrap the breasts in the air dried ham.
- Heat a small frying or grill pan.
- Oil the wrapped breasts, then pan fry for 5-6 minutes gently on each side, remove, cover and leave to rest for 8-9 minutes. They must be pink, not overcooked.
- Serve the warm compote in the middle of a bowl, then top with 2 breasts sliced, with a little game sauce over the top
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.