Borlotti Bean, Chilli and Pine Nut Bake
This recipe works well with gluten-free pasta, which is available from most supermarkets. The secret is to lightly cook the pasta, then finish cooking it in the oven. You can cover it with mozzarella or Parmesan for a cheesy topping. Or just pop it in the oven without any cheese for a crunchy topping.
- 200g gluten-free pasta shapes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 x 425g can borlotti beans, well drained
- finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 40g pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- pinch or two of dried chilli flakes
- 350ml double cream
- ½ x 10g gluten-free vegetable stock cube
- 200g mozzarella cheese
- sliced or 50g Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- green salad with rocket and onion, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Cook the pasta for half the time stated on the pack. Drain well. Toss in the olive oil to stop the pasta sticking together.
- Meanwhile, place the beans, lemon zest, pine nuts, parsley and chilli in a bowl and mix well. Add the pasta to the bean mixture.
- Place the cream and stock cube in a small pan, bring to the boil, whisk well to dissolve the cube, then pour over the bean mixture and stir well. Taste, then season if needed.
- Spoon the mixture into a 28 x 28 x 4cm baking dish. Top with the sliced mozzarella or grated Parmesan, if using, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until well browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before eating, or it will be too hot!
- Serve with a green salad with plenty of onion and rocket.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.