Almond & Blackberry Feather Cakes
Light little cakes; try making them with blackcurrants instead of blackberries, or any fruit in season.
- 100g unsalted butter, softened/ melted
- 125g icing (confectioners) sugar
- 25g Fine polenta (corn or maize meal)
- 85g ground almonds
- 3 medium egg whites
- 1 small unwaxed lime, grated zest
- 125g blackberries
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Sift the icing (confectioners) sugar and the polenta and then mix in the almonds.
- Gently stir in the melted butter and the zest until the mixture just comes together.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks, not stiff.
- Tip the egg whites into the mixture and fold in gently with a large spoon.
- Divide the batter between the cake moulds or muffin tray (about half full).
- Bake until just firm and golden brown.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes and turn out onto a rack.
- Dust lightly with icing (confectioners) sugar.
Tags: Gluten Free
Trackback from your site.